View Single Post
Old 07-16-2011, 03:12 PM
draggin_behind

Hi, everybody

I'm planning my budget for August and was looking for your advice & input, please. ;) Connecting threads has their thread on sale. I like their thread and will be ordering some.

My 1st question is this: Is it better, in general, to have a stash of mostly white, black and neutral colors, or to have a smaller collection of those and add other colors? If I could afford them all, I probably would order some of each, but that would add up quickly, even on sale.

2nd question is this: How many bobbins is a good number to have? I am getting a new machine that does not share bobbins with my current one. It comes with a few bobbins and I ordered 10 extra. I'm thinking that it's probably like fabric, the one who dies with the most wins. :lol:

3rd Question: This just crossed my mind as I was writing this post. I use a sidewinder to fill bobbins. The instructions that come with it are on the skimpy side. Do you guys oil yours? Or do you keep a standby around so when one bites the dust you can chunk it, use the standby, then hope someone has them on sale? :-P

BTW, can a sidewinder be used to wind Juki bobbins? I'm thinking that if the bobbin fits then the winder can fill it, but perhaps not.

Thanks! Ya'll have taught me a lot and I'm glad I found the board.

Happy quilting,
M&M