View Single Post
Old 07-16-2011, 03:48 PM
Annaquilts
Power Poster

I tend to agree with this thought. Also I spend about $200 for my singer Red Eye and it came with the base. I have heard good things about the Janome modern treadle. The plus is that you can do different stitches on it.

Originally Posted by Lori S
In my search for a good antique treadle I was talking to my trusted sewing manchine repair guy, asking if he ever got a great antique treadle on trade to give me a call. Well, we then got discussing a new treadle machine. ... He was quite clear in telling me to stear clear of the new treadles ... and spend the time looking on Craigs list or Estate sales for the real antiques . He said "those antiques will last anther lifetime... the new ones ..lots of plastic parts" and "not worth any $$ if you really want to do serious sewing. "
I value his opinion since he often gives me "extras" at no cost like extra bobbin cases or bobbins for my vintage Singer when he comes across them and does not look for payment just a happy customer.
Here she is all fixed up.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]227430[/ATTACH]

Here she is when she came in.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]227431[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-227424.jpe   attachment-227425.jpe   attachment-227426.jpe