Old 07-16-2011, 05:54 PM
sewbizgirl
Power Poster

Hi Everybody,

Today I dug into a 15-91 that I bought a while ago, trying to get it refurbished and ready to sew. It was already quite loose but I still cleaned everything with WRENCH and then re-oiled, and changed the old motor grease for some vaseline. Upon returning it to it's little table, I noticed that the foot pedal is missing it's button... argh. Something I didn't even see when I bought the machine. I could use a cord and pedal from another of my machines, but this cord is threaded through a dime-sized hole in the cabinet, and I have no idea how it was put in or could be taken out. One one end is the wall plug-- too big to go through that hole. On the other end is the plug-in to the machine motor-- even bigger! What do you have to do to change out the cord and pedal? Cut it? There is no other way... The cabinet is the type that you can hang the foot pedal in if you want to, and use a knee bar for control against the foot pedal.

Also, while I was cleaning the head I looked closer at the wires. I had thought they were ok, but today I noticed some of the plastic covering was chipping off. If you see any bare wiring at all you are supposed to replace it, right? Sigh. Looks like this one is going to cost more money.

Any ideas on how that pedal cord can be changed in the cabinet?

Thanks a bunch!