Old 07-16-2011, 07:30 PM
Miz Johnny

You could cut the plug and replace it, but an easier fix is to disconnect the wires from the receptical end. The only thing you have to remember is which wire is which. I usually mark them with a piece of masking tape.

It's called a Three Pin Terminal on the adjuster's manual, page 4 here:

[http://parts.singerco.com/IPinstManuals/15-91.pdf

Unscrew the ends from the terminal; the ends of the wiring should have connectors, if not, just wrap the wires around the pins when you replace. Make sure you get the wires back on the right way (this shows black to black, red to red, etc.), or your machine either won't run or will run all the time. Ask me how I know. . .

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl
. . . I could use a cord and pedal from another of my machines, but this cord is threaded through a dime-sized hole in the cabinet, and I have no idea how it was put in or could be taken out. One one end is the wall plug-- too big to go through that hole. On the other end is the plug-in to the machine motor-- even bigger! What do you have to do to change out the cord and pedal? Cut it? There is no other way... The cabinet is the type that you can hang the foot pedal in if you want to, and use a knee bar for control against the foot pedal.

Also, while I was cleaning the head I looked closer at the wires. I had thought they were ok, but today I noticed some of the plastic covering was chipping off. If you see any bare wiring at all you are supposed to replace it, right? Sigh. Looks like this one is going to cost more money.

Any ideas on how that pedal cord can be changed in the cabinet?

Thanks a bunch!