View Single Post
Old 11-11-2007, 04:17 PM
tlcquiltnut

Ok, my friend used to be a costumer for a dinner club in Des Moines Iowa. He mom made tops out of some of the left over fabric. They were intended for the veterans at the hospital there but she said she wasn't going to get them done and would I like to have them. So I took them with the agreement they would be used for people who were sick or the elderly. The tops only measured 36 inches so I put borders and cornerstones on most of them. Alone they are nothing to brag about but teamed up with other fabrics , I think they have turned out nicely. This yellow one is really a cheddar yellow and I never thought it would turn out this way. Oh, I forgot to mention that my friends mom hand embroidered on every one of them. That is the hearts in the squares. She is the most darling lady....looks about 50 and is 80....so that is the story. I think I have maybe 6 left that need homes....they aren't done yet. My other friend gave me lots of fabric for backing and such....it has been a lot of fun and I have learned sooooo much about color by making them.....tlcquiltnut