Old 07-16-2011, 09:39 PM
Bennett

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl
Hi Everybody,

Today I dug into a 15-91 that I bought a while ago, trying to get it refurbished and ready to sew. It was already quite loose but I still cleaned everything with WRENCH and then re-oiled, and changed the old motor grease for some vaseline. Upon returning it to it's little table, I noticed that the foot pedal is missing it's button... argh. Something I didn't even see when I bought the machine. I could use a cord and pedal from another of my machines, but this cord is threaded through a dime-sized hole in the cabinet, and I have no idea how it was put in or could be taken out.

Any ideas on how that pedal cord can be changed in the cabinet?

Thanks a bunch!
Might be able to help. In the photo, you need to take out the screw (it's long, I'm pointing to it with the screwdriver) that will let you expose the connectors. this will pull the 3-prong outside part away from the machine. Then you should be able to follow the wires where they go (motor, light, pedal) and unscrew the one you want to take off (pedal). It may or may not be color coded, so just make sure you draw out a diagram or label which wires connect to which "prong."

I had to do the same thing to take a 201 out of its cabinet, but I think those wires were color coded so I could put it back together without any problems.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-227605.jpe