Old 07-17-2011, 07:39 AM
andifar

I used to book the speakers for the quild I belonged to. Most of the quilters that came in, left their very best quilts in top stage and never quilted them. WHY? It kept them lightweight and more portable, so they could take them 3x the number of their designs to trunk shows. Just like there are lots of people who never sew, but design/create on the the quilting software. There are some days I like to sew, some days to quilt, some days to cut and some days to hand quilt. I have UFOs in all catagories. But almost everyday I do something, if only to collect pictures of beautiful creations I would like to create for myself. Note - I no longer belong to a small group and guild. I have left the police behind and strictly do what is right for me. May you find your way, and tell the rest of the naysayers, so long.

One more thing, I know of a very famous quilting lady who adored antique quilts and could only afford to make miniature quilts, because she just did not have the money to purchase fabric for anything bigger. She figured, if she would recreate the antique quilts designs she loved, in a 12" to 18" format. Today she writes books, designs fabric lines, lithographs her quilts for framed art and sells her minature for thousands of dollars. I am sure the quilt police told her the only real quilts fit a bed. Can you say, "Bite Me!"