Thread: Quilt for mom
View Single Post
Old 07-17-2011, 09:15 AM
np3
Power Poster

[quote=Quilter672]
Originally Posted by np3
My mom turned 88 today. I took her several dish gardens to enjoy and keep healthy. Here is a picture of the top of the quilt I made for her last year on her birthday. She loves anything Asian. I keep taking it out of the closet and she keeps having them put it back to keep it nice. So this year she got plants!

My mother passed away 5 years ago but she loved Asian items too...her favorite thing to do was to go to Chinatown in Philadelphia, PA with her grandson - they would shop and eat their favorite Asian foods. So I made her a beautiful quilt from Asian fabrics...where was it everytime I looked for it? In the closet so it would not "get dirty." It was the perfect size for her to cover up with while watching TV or reading but she never used it. I gave it to one of her granddaughters after she passed away. (Do not know if she uses is or not since she moved to Tulsa not long after but I hope she does!)

Pat
I think this one will go to my SIL. She quilts also and loves Asian like my mom. I think she would get the most pleasure out of it. And since I have the final decision on disposition of mom's things, that's what I will likely do. She has 4 daughters and 2 granddaughters so it will always have a home!