Old 07-17-2011, 09:37 AM
Katia

I think that the quilt shops in the Vegas area try not to compete with each other. I was talking to the gal at Christmas Goose and she was telling me where to find what I was looking for. I think it was something Asian. She told me that Fab Boutique had a huge selection. They all know each other I think and just do it as a courtesy. There is so much out there fabric wise, it is hard for any one to carry everything.

I do think that this specializing is a fairly common practice with quilt shops. I know that the ones in New Braunfels, TX do the same thing. One shop had mostly modern stuff and Moda, that sort of look, and the other one downtown had mostly civil war and classics. Same when my daughter and I went to some quilt shops around the Simi Valley area. Well, within 20 miles anyway. I was surprised how specialized some of the shops were. My daughter likes 30's and that sort of thing, but not too pink and modern. The shop in Simi has lots of pink and girlie stuff. She never took me there till recently, because it was not her thing. But I loved it.