View Single Post
Old 07-17-2011, 09:38 AM
wildyard

While in CA, we helped my niece, who is almost bedridden, redo her room as a surprise for her. I made her a quilt, but had her Mom and my other sister each sew one of the squares so it could be from all of us. I made a matching attachment for her plain white window valance and her mom sewed it on. My sister Nelma hung the curtain and made the bed while we kept Debbie occupied in the front part of the house. We switched her room so she could get her scooter in and out better. She knew we were doing that, but she didn't know about the new stuff. :D
It all started out with me teaching my sisters how to do the D9P. LOL

the quilt, my sister Nelma and the valance
[ATTACH=CONFIG]227754[/ATTACH]

the backing and the label, it says, Made with love (the heart) for our Debbie and around the heart that is hard to read, it says, Aunt Linda, Aunt Nelma and Mom. We did it in our own handwriting and Nelma embroidered it for us. in the heart is the date
[ATTACH=CONFIG]227755[/ATTACH]

Deb happy in her new bedding. Later I made pillowcases but forgot to get pics of them.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]227756[/ATTACH]

the quilt on her bed
[ATTACH=CONFIG]227757[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-227748.jpe   attachment-227749.jpe   attachment-227750.jpe   attachment-227751.jpe