View Single Post
Old 05-18-2009, 10:36 PM
BlueChicken

Ok... I did the boy one, what a mission! I have no idea why this one was hard, but I suspect the silk was most of the problem. Having the "sleeve cuff" right on the join also threw me, won't be doing that again! Also didn't notice till the end one of the white triangles was too short. *sigh*
In the pocket is a tiny little purple rose, with tiny little leaves. Doesn't show up well, but is the same colour as "her" waistband, so looks awesome.

Positives: Love the pants and the stripe, took a bit of playing to get the stripes straight down the leg (only had a tiny piece of fabric to work with) and the waist band is actually there because the fabric wasn't long enough! Also, the collar, cuffs, and pocket are extra bits of fabric sewn on, which looks really cool, but does add some bulk to the seams.

Negatives: (aka things I learned) Will hand sew around tiny pieces like pockets next time, even with a smaller stitch on the machine it was too difficult to be precise. And collar is not exactly straight, one is slightly bigger than the other.

Attached Thumbnails attachment-22200.jpe