Old 07-17-2011, 02:54 PM
ThayerRags

Every once in a while, some of us get lucky enough to take ownership of our Grandmother’s sewing machine. Others have fond memories, even if they don’t have the actual machine. That’s ok, there’s room for all of us here. If you didn’t end up with her machine, simply describe your memories of it.

I have both of only two that my one Grandmother ever had (the other Grandmother had a Singer treadle that accompanied her to the Rest Home back in the 60s, but I don’t know what ever happened to it). Of the two that I have, I don’t recall seeing either of them in her home. Maybe they were in a bedroom where kids were not allowed or something? I DO recall her Singer Card table, minus the machine, at several potluck dinners that the family had over the years. The kids all had to set at the card table, positioned strategically in the middle of everything so the Mom’s could keep track of us. As with all kids, things got spilled, and I’m sure that I’m responsible for at least one of the stains on the table surface.

CD in Oklahoma

Grandma got this White VS3 (used) for a wedding present in 1928
[ATTACH=CONFIG]227927[/ATTACH]

Grandma's New Machine - Singer 404
[ATTACH=CONFIG]227928[/ATTACH]

Singer Card Table - #316 Monterey Utility Table
[ATTACH=CONFIG]227929[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-227921.jpe   attachment-227922.jpe   attachment-227923.jpe