Old 07-17-2011, 05:14 PM
emmah

Originally Posted by MrsBoats
I posted part of this to Treadle On earlier today, so you may have seen it if you're a member there too. But I thought I'd ask you guys a few things as well

I picked up a Singer 66 in a table, today. Cosmetically, it ain't the greatest (either machine or table), but mechanically, wow. Quiet, smooth, perfect stitches...the whole nine yards.

This has a back-clamping foot. Where can I find a side-clamping presser bar to replace it with? I saw the directions on the TO website, and it looks like something I can manage, so I'd like to swap them out so I can use the feet I've already got.

This one also appears to have a brake. Is the treadle belt threaded any differently? I thought I remembered seeing something about keeping the end snip of your belt to use in it, but of course, now I can't find the article. I'm working on a manual, but haven't found one yet.

Cabinet: I've since put the lock/drawer separators back on. The right side has been wet at some point (you can see the ripple in the wood) and the veneer is completely gone. It's either been oiled to match, or so long ago the wood has darkened on its own.

There was a beat up box of stuff in one of the drawers, including some funky feet.
I don't think the loop thing is a brake, but a quick way of taking the belt off the flywheel. The little flange looks like it was an afterthought, maybe the way the machine lined up with the wheel made the belt slip, so they added that little bit, looks welded on.