View Single Post
Old 07-17-2011, 05:55 PM
charismah
Banned

I found this quilt Thursday night....it is here:

http://quiltingintherain.blogspot.co...n-ucreate.html

I thought it was so adorable! I also knew I could piece it and quilt it in a night ...so I gathered supplies and started friday. I had it done in a couple hours..I used a white I had in my stash and strips from a jelly roll set called "Wing It" by MoMo for Moda.

Then I started thinking how I was going to quilt it.

I though I could quilt the words "All because 2 people fell in love" between the colored strips...then it occurred to me that I could make the "Love" stand out...I went to the LQS on the hunt for a fiber to quilt on there ( I still don't have my Ecording attachment ....soon..very soon) ..My friend helped me by pointing out the chenille strips...PERFECT!!

Then she said you should do trapunto on the heart! YES!! That is perfect....so I did that...then I said "Oh I shoudl add another layer of trapunto to do a lacey border of quilting around the big heart...so three layers of batting later....then I thought I should put my DH and my Initials in the quilting...At first I was going to maybe do them with the chenille strips and decided not to....I like it this way better...but I did think about adding some glitter cause "We all need a little sparkle" right?? I didn't ..still thinking on that.

This is the end result...I am so in LOVE with it! I just need to block it now because of the massive amount of trapunto.
Anyway.....I hope you all "love" it too!

I used hobbs polydown batting...and also a soy batting by legacy.

I quilted everything freehand on my INNOVA>

Thanks for looking!

Laying in the grass outside....didn't know if I could get better lighting.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]227986[/ATTACH]

The R is in the center of the feathers for Rob
[ATTACH=CONFIG]227987[/ATTACH]

The C for Charisma
[ATTACH=CONFIG]227988[/ATTACH]

I am hoping you can see some of the words
[ATTACH=CONFIG]227989[/ATTACH]

Can you see how poofy the heart is?
[ATTACH=CONFIG]227997[/ATTACH]

back...a Martha Negley...Just love those romantic pink roses.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]228002[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-227978.jpe   attachment-227979.jpe   attachment-227980.jpe   attachment-227981.jpe   attachment-227982.jpe  

attachment-227983.jpe   attachment-227986.jpe   attachment-227987.jpe   attachment-227988.jpe   attachment-227991.jpe  

attachment-227996.jpe