Old 07-17-2011, 07:33 PM
jaciqltznok
Banned

Choosing color hues, values and color matching?
I hear a lot of NEWer quilter's say that choosing the right colors to go together is hard, but knowing the HUE and VALUE is really confusing for those who perhaps have not had an art class!

Here are couple of products I have found helpful in helping others figure it all out. Especially when doing scrappy or rainbow effect projects.

The color evaluation set: Contains red and green viewing filters. Helps select the right colors for a project. Determine light or darkness value of materials. Red filter is used with warm colors. Green filter is used with cool colors.

The ruby beholder: Color Value Finding Tool. Also great for determining the SCALE by using the open window!

The color matching wheel/system: This color matching guide takes the guess work out of choosing colors. Unique viewing windows permit easy color & value identification. The set includes 36 pure artist's tube colors printed on individual cards with 144 tints & shades. This like all those paint sample cards you steal from Lowe's, all rolled into ONE handy take along set!
This came out at the end of last year and went into all of my friends quilting Christmas stockings! It is amazing how useful this is!

I hope this helps some of you by lessening the fears of getting out of your color box!

Color evaluation set!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]228070[/ATTACH]

Ruby beholder!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]228071[/ATTACH]

Color matching system!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]228072[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-228064.jpe   attachment-228065.jpe   attachment-228066.jpe