View Single Post
Old 07-17-2011, 10:56 PM
Beffy_Boo

Originally Posted by Therese
Give these people a lovely wedding card, signed by you, wishing them the best and THAT will be their "gift card." :)
I really like the way you think! I would probably make a donation to MY favorite charity and mention that I did it to honor their union. My daughter who got married at 21 and had her first child at 23 did not want us to throw showers for either event as she felt that she was better off financially than many of her friends/family (can we say starving college students?) and was concerned that they would feel like they had to bring a gift they couldn't afford to attend. We convinced her that it was a social time to celebrate these milestones. When her BFF suggested that that a list of where she was registered be included with the invitation my DD nearly blew a fuse! There is a wedding site called theknot.com that lets couples relay all sorts of wedding related info. Under shower info DD put a statement something to the effect: the most important thing is for my friends and family to come together to celebrate. People could navigate the site if they wished to see where they were registered or favorite charities that could be given a donation. Can you tell how proud I am of my kid??