View Single Post
Old 07-18-2011, 06:21 AM
Narda H.

Thank you Karenm, I would love for someone to love and rescue it. Lots to think about , this quilt is special.
Originally Posted by karenm36
Originally Posted by Narda H.
No sentimental value at all. A client friend gave it to me to do what ever I want with it.
Originally Posted by karenm36
I guess it kind of depends on the significance it holds for you and how much you want to use it. Do you want it to stay intact and use it?...then see if you (or someone you trust) can repair the worn areas and continue using it. If you want to keep it because it means something to you, but you don't really see yourself "using" it, it could be hung somewhere as art as it is a very nice quilt! Another option (that could be a bit scary) is if you want to still give it some place to shine and recognize the person that made it but you don't want it to take up so much room...you could, very carefully cut out portions and frame it very tastefully and have some kind of label for the front of the picture made that says who made it, when, etc. If there are other members of your family that would like it as well, then you could make several of these framed quilt art pictures that would still have the same heirloom sentiment/value as the quilt. I'm sure there are other ideas as well, but these are the first that come to my mind. Good luck with what you decide!
Well, if that's the case and if you don't necessarily want it...maybe someone else would like it? Do you feel comfortable re-gifting or selling it? I'm sure there is someone (even on this board) that might like to give it a special home. At least you're getting ideas and it's not going to Goodwill or worse...the dumpster. I see many stories about "rescued" quilts here on this board where people have saved many quilts from a landfill. Glad that won't happen to this one. You can tell someone put a lot of work and love into this one!