Old 07-18-2011, 08:02 AM
Amythyst02

So after everyone was so kind, to offer suggestions about machines, this next week I will be heading out to test my 3 favorites. Now here is the million dollar question.

Christmas in July is happening now. All the retail sewing machine stores are having great sales. Although some are only having this event for the last 3 days of the month!

However, in Oct there is a show in Tucson that I plan to attend with my best friend. We are driving down there and staying at a local hotel for 2days of the show. We are both really excited. But I hear that you can get some really great deals on machines there as well. However, Tucson is 2 hrs away, so I would not be able to get classes, or any other benefits probably from purchasing in that area. But the savings might make the difference.

Which do you think I will come across the best deals?

Either way, I don't have enough to purchase full price, and at the shops here I can at least put what ever I decide on, on layaway. Not sure if I can do that at the shows, but if they have them knocked down enough who knows.

I am not very good at this haggling thing either, perhaps you could give me some tips!!

Thank you all in advance!