Old 07-18-2011, 08:29 AM
quiltdoctor

[

Craigslist is trouble for me, also, but I love looking through the ads. I've found some really good deals but I have to laugh at some of the pictures that they post. Why on earth do so many post dark pictures of the 'back' of the sewing machines? Is it possible that they don't know the front from the back?

BTW....Yesterday, I brought home a brown lotus (decal) model 66 in a treadle cabinet, that I saw on CL. Both of them will be my guinea pigs in learning how to clean up a frozen machine and refinishing a cabinet. I've already learned a lot just by taking the top of the cabinet off of the treadle base, and removing the drawers and the dust panel on the underneath of the cabinet top.[/quote]

I know or they will just take a picture of the cabinet and you have to use the force to figure out what is there. But it really kills me when they have a clapped out 27 in a ratty treadle and say its worth way more than they are asking or on ebay they want $xxxxx for them and they are asking $600+ for them. :shock: :roll:

But I did call about two more on CL tonite I am going to go pick up tomorrow.

Billy[/quote]

I wondered if they take them from the back because the decals are usuallly better on the back, so the whole thing looks better. Who knows?????

Texas Jan