View Single Post
Old 07-18-2011, 10:12 AM
Rosyhf

Ok I have been talking about this quilt long enough, it's time to start. The book I am using is, "Judy Martin's Log Cabin Quilt Book.

Here is a link to the quilt, scroll down to the bottom of the page and you will see a twin size of the quilt. I will be making a twin size for now.

http://www.judymartin.com/products.c...rod=37&CatID=1

Did I mention that Log Cabin Quilts are my favorite? I love scraps so it stands to reason that I would love this quilt. Every quilt in this book is to die for. Judy did a good job on this book of logs.

This would be a great quilt to make for the Christmas season. If you use a red theme like Judy's. I see a lot of red, it makes the quilt warm. It would also look great in blues or greens for a cool look. There is a handsome Green River quilt in the book also. You can colorize this quilt or just make it with light and dark values, which is what I am going to do for now, things may change.

I always do a couple blocks of a quilt to familiarize myself with the blocks. I cut a few strips and made this block last night.

I can see already, that I need to pull some strips out of the light side. I will make another block and see how that looks to me. The block ended up more that 9.5, so I will have to check to see what I need to adjust...

I will be posting as I go along making the blocks and putting it together. If anyone would like to make this quilt along with me, now is the time. You can ask question etc. I will be working on this quilt until it is finished, so stay tuned.

Once I do a block I will go ahead and do the number of those same blocks that I need, so It might be a while before I post another different block but in the meantime you can ask question or make a block and see how you do. This is an awesome quilt and so worth the effort.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-228350.jpe