View Single Post
Old 07-18-2011, 10:15 AM
Linda58

Originally Posted by Alaska
Hi, I've been reading all of these great posts and beautiful inspiring pictures of your quilts and thought it was time to join in. I am a quilter/crafts/gardener person who is living on a remote island in the Prince William Sound in a village of 60 people, no stores at all! I love the beauty of this area! I started to teach quilting and also have a very small group of ladies who get together to quilt, this forum has kept me inspired & has given me some great ideas! I just finished a cathedral window for my daughter's wedding which was last weekend & am now working on a simple cathedral window for my granddaughter who is 4, she picked out her colors & is helping with it!
Hello and welcome from South Texas.

I am so envious that you live on an island in Alaska. That is my dream. My DH spent several years in Anchorage in the USAF and he fell in love with Alaska. We have been back to Alaska several times. It is never enough!!
We are going to take another cruise there in September, but not staying over this time.

Do you have a picture of the cathedral window you made for your daughter? I would love to see it. I am just thinking of starting one, I have the white fabric, just have to decide on the colored fabric. Did you sew by hand or by machine?

Linda58