Thread: I've been busy
View Single Post
Old 07-18-2011, 04:25 PM
fatsewcat

Here's what I have been up to in the past couple of weeks.

John3 - is another quilt for my X-FIL using fabrics he gave me. I appologize in advance for the photo. I couldn't get a good picture showing the true color of that orange. The closeup is better but still off. I added the orange (that is causing all the picture problems) and the navy. It measure roughly 55 to 60".

John 4 is another quilt for X-FIL, the backing fabric on this quilt is what he provided, the front fabrics came from my stash.
My free motion stars and loops need work but this was a good practice starting point. It is a rather small quilt 36x54.

Rylands quilt is a surprize gift on its way to FL right now. It is for the son of a friend of mine. She is getting a label for her 40th birthday that serves as a gift certificate for me to make her a quilt of her choosing. I sent her sons quilt with the label and birthday card.

I am currently working on finishing up the quilt hanging on the hanger in the picture next to the John3 quilt. I have those blocks sewn into a top now, and it is just awaiting borders. The light green ones hanging on the hanger are staying there, I didn't like them after all. I'll post finished pictures of it soon... when I get it finished.

John 3 - Look at the glowing orange :(
[ATTACH=CONFIG]228616[/ATTACH]

John 3 - atleast the colors are closer to true
[ATTACH=CONFIG]228617[/ATTACH]

Small but sweet, I would like to keep this for my couch
[ATTACH=CONFIG]228618[/ATTACH]

backing fabric John provided me
[ATTACH=CONFIG]228620[/ATTACH]

Close up of star quilting
[ATTACH=CONFIG]228625[/ATTACH]

Rylands 'do you see what I see quilt'
[ATTACH=CONFIG]228626[/ATTACH]

Last edited by fatsewcat; 10-05-2022 at 09:09 AM.