View Single Post
Old 07-19-2011, 04:26 AM
ckcowl
Power Poster

if you call in an order you can usually use a check- because they can take a check over the phone- the problem with money orders is there is no way to do that- the shop has to wait for the payment to arrive from you before they can cut your order (there have been plenty of issues- people order- don't pay- the shop cuts the order- no payment comes- they are *stuck* with cut up fabric---they want to know they will be paid before they cut anything- with mo's and the mail system---just makes everything difficult-
you would be better off calling in your order and using a check over the phone if you do not want to give out a cc #...personally i would rather give a cc # instead of my checking account information---that's just me.
but i did work in a lqs for a time- and on occassion had people call in wanting to use a mo- we had to write down the order- look everything up- figure it all- figure shipping/taxes ect- set the fabrics aside (which meant they were no longer on the shelves for other customers) then wait---sometimes 2 & 3 weeks for promised mo to arrive- then and only then could we actually cut any fabric- package the order and ship it out- so the person using the mo sometimes waited 4-6 weeks for an order---didn't work well for them- didn't work well for us-
she had to finally say mo's were too much trouble.
at least with a check over the phone- funds are varified immediately (just like using a check at walmart)the order could be put together and go out the door.