Old 05-20-2009, 02:31 AM
Skeat

I've had every kind of scissor trick known to quilters to make sure they can be right w/in reach...:)Prob the most dangerous one for me was the one you actually attach to yourself and the scissors are on a string pull that retracts...not safe:)If you quilted in a standing position, this might work!LOL I did use that when I was hand quilting and kept the scissors ''on the piece I was quilting that way(pin it to the quilt). I find the best old method to easily find my scissors is a scissor 'faub'. You can make them yourselves! I found an old vintage type necklace...took a section out of it...attached a piece to be able to attach the faub to my scissors...and, no matter where I put them, they are easy to find and easy to pick up...even if by the end fo the faub:) This also makes your scissors different in a group and not mistaken for someone elses. I attach usually a charm or something on the very end. If you sew w/a basket by your chair , this is the tail that will be hanging over your sewing basket...so, you just grab the end of the faub and pull them out to use. Not only is it practical....but, fun finding faub stuff:)Skeat...who has the magnet pocket thing for snippets....I never use the magnet other then to hold the pocket where I need it:)