View Single Post
Old 07-19-2011, 05:01 AM
kaykwilts

Originally Posted by EagarBeez
My niece is pregnant again. Seems every 2 years or just about she has another baby. She didn't mention it to me, nor did my sister. I found out through her facebook telling her friends "I'm preggers and loving it"
Well I made baby quilts for the 1st 2, but, I told my DH my heart was not into making anymore. What if she continues having kids?? I would have to keep making baby quilts???
Her and her boyfriend both live with my sister, and I only hear from my sister if there is a problem of some kind. Same with my niece.
I don't care how many children they have...but since I made 2, I felt obligated to make another. My DH told me, why not just get something small. Do you think I should just get something small??

ok....maybe I don't understand...but what's wrong with her having a large family? I guess maybe because she's not married? Or is it something else? I am the mother of 10, and loved having every single one of them. Babies, children, are a blessing. Why would you not want to welcome this new little one with a quilt?

I mean if you are just feeling "used" or something, or if you don't feel she appreciates your hard work with the previous quilts you have given her, then don't make her one. Just buy something from the store. But don't communicate to her that this new little one is not welcome in the family....imho