Old 07-19-2011, 09:09 AM
BrendaK
Power Poster

Originally Posted by kristelwyman
wow, i sure didn't so many quick responses!! thank you!!

i have a very basic sewing machine, and i know that is fine for doing the top part... but i should have said i'm looking to be able to sew the stuffing between the layers, and mine doesn't have enough room, you know?

i have a relative that quilts (but she's in ontario, canada and i live in vancouver, bc half the time, and in seattle, wa the rest of the time)... i told her i want to learn, and she was super discouraging because she said nice quilts are always done by hand. and i'm sure that's true, but it's not the type of quilting i want to do, you know?
Welcome from CA. Classes are always good. I learned from my mother and I was in 4H. I have to disagree with your relative. You just have to look at some of the pictures of the machine quilts on this board to know that what she said is not the truth. Sorry she was discouraging. Stick with this board and you will find all the help and support you need. I have a small machine and I have quilted King and Queen size quilts (SID). I quess some would say that SID is not quilting but then my quilts are not for them. There are no quilt police here. People here and the internet will help you in many ways. Again sorry about the discouragement you received from your relative. BrendaK