View Single Post
Old 07-19-2011, 10:36 AM
Rosyhf

I have a tv on my cutting cabinet. I have Netflix streaming movies into it lol and I have a bunch of Perry Mason in my instant list. I put one on and started to cut the dark strips last night.

I cut strips from 13 different fabrics so far. I don't have a color theme just light and dark and color doesn't matter. I will pay attention however, as to where the strips will be placed to each other and that is fun for me.

I have a few more dark fabric to cut as I like lots of different fabric in a scrap quilt. I have a head start on the lights but need to cut lots more.

I have a nice little square container that sheets came in and my darks fit nicely in it. I have labled the strips with the letters, as per the book.

Another thing I have done to make my life easy lol, is to copy and enlarge Judy's diagrams. She has two diagrams for each block, one is lettered and one is numbered for the position and size. I use the lettered diagram and put the numbers from the corresponding diagram on the strips. Now I just have one diagram to look at and it's larger and easy for me to see.

I also copy the instruction sheets as sometimes I write notes, so I keep my book like new and the sheets are easier to handle.

I take my time when cutting the strips as they must be accurate to make this quilt successfull and I will check the strips here and there as I sew to make sure they are coming out right. It is better to catch any mistakes in the beginning.

I will make one block at a time for at least four blocks and check them for accuracy, by that time I will be very familiar with the blocks and then I will do some speed piecing.

I am never in a hurry when quilting so the cutting will take about three days as I will only cut for a couple hours at a time but remember, I will cutting lots and lots of strips. Once I am done, it will be easy street as the sewing is easy for me.

Here is a pic of my box of darks and my little rose fairy watching lol.

Box of dark strips
[ATTACH=CONFIG]228893[/ATTACH]

enlarge diagram
[ATTACH=CONFIG]228894[/ATTACH]

Rose Fairy
[ATTACH=CONFIG]228895[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-228887.jpe   attachment-228888.jpe   attachment-228889.jpe