Old 05-20-2009, 07:57 AM
Ninnie
Power Poster

It all started when DH says "honey, why don't we get you new den furniture for Mother's day?" He is a doll and does tend to spoil me rotten!

Sweet of him right? I thought so too until I started to look at the walls and discovered that the blue paint wouldn't go with the new furniture, and the ceiling was a mess. (ceiling had been blown in the 70's with plaster ) So I say "Honey , we really need to paint first". And since the kitchen is open to the Den, we'll have to paint those blue cabinets also! No sweat, the furniture won't be here for 2 weeks, so plenty of time! We go and buy paint, light brown for the den and moonlight gold for my kitchen cabinets. I start in the kitchen, because DH is going to do the den. He starts to paint the ceilings and discovers that you can't paint the plaster. As soon as it gets wet, it falls off. So DH says Connie Beth,, we need to scrape this ceiling first before we can paint it.( By now, no more Honey) We spend all weekend scraping the ceiling, all my sheets on the floor, got the primer pun on the ceiling late Monday night. Yea progress!

DH had to work the rest of the week, so now my job to have the room "cut in " by the time he gets home tonight. All the kitchen's stuff is in the Dinning Room and the den stuff is in the halls and living room, except for Mortimer's couch. But, no sweat, it's temporary and still have 2 weeks to finish, right?
Wrong! They just called and said the furniture is in and for us to come and pick it up! I lost it then. Told them It would be picked up when and only when my house was back in order! that poor man, didn't know what to say to me. :lol: :lol:

I just want to go check into a Hotel and forget all this! So I am now on here crying and procrastinating, because I don't want to paint anymore!

Well, that ole wall isn't getting painted by itself, os guess I had better get on the ball!

PS: the furniture wasn't a frivolous buy, after 7 kids, 2Grands, and 3 Great Danes, the old was falling apart!

Wow, I feel better now! Thanks guys!

Ninnie