Old 07-19-2011, 04:11 PM
madamekelly

Originally Posted by virtualbernie
Originally Posted by PaperPrincess
I considered this one. I contacted the company to find out when they would have a unit in my state for me to test drive. It's a good price point and if you have limited space, a good option. You move the quilt, like you would with a domestic machine. There is quite a large harp area compared to a regular sewing machine and a large table, but I decided I didn't want to wrestle quilts anymore, both to pin/baste the sandwich and then to quilt, so I got a Tin Lizzie long arm.
Contact the company to see when a rep will be in your State with a unit. Test drive one with YOUR large quilt, not just a small test piece to make sure it's for you!
Here's my dilemma...I don't have $15,000+ for a "real" longarm and I'm trying to teach this "old dog" a new trick because when I learned how to quilt all they were doing was handquilting, and try as I might, I can't seem to maneuver my quilts through my regular machines so I thought more space=an easier time? I also live in a teeny tiny house with absolutely no space for a long arm...
If I were in your home space, I would just learn QAG. IMHO