Old 07-19-2011, 05:13 PM
vintagemotif

Originally Posted by Charlee
Out in the Wild Today:

One Singer 27 with nice Sphinx decals...had some issues...handwheel didn't move the needle, but the stop action did. It's been electrified...and at the "THRIFT" store (I use the term loosely) they wanted $100 for it.
They also had a nice cabinet (no machine) but the opening was 17 inches x 7.25 inches...think it might have been for a Kenmore as it was too long for my Singers but couldn't find a tag on it. $25.00. With it was one butt-ugly sewing chair, again for $25.00.
Another store had a CUTE little cabinet with a Montgomery Ward Brunswick machine...tiny little thing with a chocolate crinkle finish, and vibrating shuttle. Had some issues with the cabinet top tho, and felt $25.00 was too much.
Another store had a brown lotus for $55....decals were good, but not perfect. They also had a green egg buttonholer for $15.00.

My score of the day tho wasn't really sewing related, altho I wanted it for my room...I needed it for my pincushions, thimbles and notions.... probably paid too much at $15.00, but I wanted it!!
CUTE! I love this display of knickknacks.