View Single Post
Old 07-19-2011, 05:15 PM
feline fanatic
Power Poster

Thank you everyone for you kind words and comments on the sneak peeks I have been posting of this quilt.

Karen McTavish said in a class "Do the hardest thing you can, you won't be disappointed in the results". She was right!

I did not piece this quilt. My friend Meg took this baby on and did a darn good job. I loved this quilt from the moment I laid eyes on it in a photo and seeing it in person was a special treat. I wanted to enhance Megs peicing and make the quilt even more beautiful then it already was with my quilting. I wanted to try and keep the theme of the CW era so I went with elaborate Victorian style feathers (the CW was also the Victorian era!), loads of SID, ruler work cross hatching and a few stencils that kind of reminded me of CW era decorative arts. There is more SID than I have ever done before. Every one of those HST in the border was SID. I got very good at using a ruler with this one! :lol: So without any further babbling on my part... I have 9 pictures to load. I am really looking forward to all of your comments. Thanks!

As much of the quilt as I could get in one shot
[ATTACH=CONFIG]229098[/ATTACH]

Another angle, trying to get texture, wasn't too successful
[ATTACH=CONFIG]229099[/ATTACH]

The center star. I did a feather wreath ruler work, SID and feathers in the largest points
[ATTACH=CONFIG]229100[/ATTACH]

closer yet of the center star
[ATTACH=CONFIG]229101[/ATTACH]

Taken inside with flash, colors are truer in the outside shots. In this shot you can see the shells I quilted around the star
[ATTACH=CONFIG]229104[/ATTACH]

close up of some feathers in the corner of a block
[ATTACH=CONFIG]229108[/ATTACH]

another close up, you can still see my chalk mark for the center stem of the feather, which is all the marking I do for feathers
[ATTACH=CONFIG]229109[/ATTACH]

close up of feathers in the large center star points
[ATTACH=CONFIG]229116[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-229092.jpe   attachment-229093.jpe   attachment-229094.jpe   attachment-229095.jpe   attachment-229098.jpe  

attachment-229102.jpe   attachment-229103.jpe   attachment-229108.jpe   attachment-229110.jpe