View Single Post
Old 07-19-2011, 05:23 PM
Edie

Originally Posted by belmer
Originally Posted by Edie
Originally Posted by sarahconner
Sorry to hear it it so hot in MN. Where I love it stays hot, humid, and sweaty for at least 9 or sometimes 10 months out of the yr
We're tough out here in the tundra!!!!!! In the winter it is colder'n ---- and in the summer it is hotter'n ----, but that is what makes us Minnesotans!!!! It's in our genes! We love the cold Winter because we know Spring and Summer is coming and we love the Summer because we know Winter is coming. Or as the old saying goes "If winter's here, can Spring be far behind?"

So, as of 8:20 PM tonight, we broke a record. Our heat index hit 120 degrees today! High of 96, humidity at 63%, dew point at 83 degrees. High of 100 tomorrow. I am not doing a thing, maybe sit outside with my feet in a bucket of water. I am for sure going to give the dog a bath - only because I'll have a good reason to get wet - all over - outside!!!!!

Enjoy the weather. Edie
But, we are the world's biggest gripers! Never satisfied, too hot, too cold, too wet, too dry. That also is what makes us Minnesotans. Wouldn't trade Minnesota for anywhere in the world. Edie
Well said Edie! And yes it is not so much the temp's as it is the "humidity".