Old 05-20-2009, 09:58 AM
pennyswings

Location: Originally from NY, now retired in Argentina. Miss the USA!!! :-(

I am in a quandry as to what to do. This is mainly because my lack of experience so I have two questions that I need help with and since I value all your opinions here they are.
I am two blocks shy of the 16 blocks on my Dresden Heart quilt. I did post the first two squares last month and will post them again here so you can give me advice. I am thinking about how to quilt each heart. I am going to quilt around each leaf in the heart and the center heart. Then do a echo quilting around the completed hearts. For the quilting stitchs I was thinking of doing it by hand using a colored embrodiery thread and a blanket or leaf stitch. I am also contemplating using a zig-zag machine stitch around each leaf in the heart and the center heart. So this is my first question, how should I quilt them.
To go with this question, and most importantly, once I decide how to quilt them should I sandwich the quilt together and then quilt the hearts or should I quilt the hearts and then sandwich the quilt and do echo stitch around each completed heart?
Thanking you all in advance,
Penny
Attached Thumbnails attachment-42048.jpe