View Single Post
Old 07-20-2011, 05:03 AM
Rettie V. Grama

Those colors blended together with a little addition would make a beautiful Jelly Roll Quilt. The only thing I would do is cut the Jelly Roll strips into 10 inch strips, then sew back together with
with a solid color piece 4 inches long, each strp wound then be 57 inches long. Sew strips together randomly until you reach 60 inches long. Your piece would be 57 x 60 inches, a great size for a youth quilt or add a border of plain brown or a double b order with 52o of the colorsd for a larger Quilt.

Originally Posted by happynana
My Sister sent me a bunch of fat quarters and a jelly roll in a suprize package. Now she doesn't sew at all and thinks i can do most anything with a machine. Any way, i opened said package-most of it is colors that i will use-navy purple black cream. And then i got to the jelly roll lol. I had decided that I would like to try the striptwist quilt on Quitlville. So got out the jelly roll. It is brown flowers, pink and white paisley, lime green brown paisley and a combination strip. OMG!!!! My sister has impecable taste most of the time-this time it was all in her mouth. I will post pics when it is done but just might qualify for the world's ugliest quilt.