Old 05-20-2009, 03:39 PM
Barb M

Oh thanks so much everyone for showing your lonestars! They're gorgeous! I love how the dif colour combinations make such different looks in the lonestar, so beautiful guys! Oh and mytwopals, love how you did a burgandy trim around yours :)

Yes, i'm strip piecing it, uhm, made my own directions lol. Thats how i got a big booboo. I did 2 1/2" strips, but when i sliced the sewn strips, i sliced them too small, so started over and used 1 1/2" strips, and it's working perfectly, i'm really loving doing it, especially that i figured it out myself :)

Oh, as for those set-in backgrounds, nah, you guys know me, easy is the word. Why did anyone invent lonestars to have fitted corners, that person should have been outlawed by the quilting policxe!!!! lol lol I will make my corners with a simple diagonal seam in them, easy peasy, right? hope so lol, my lonestar, my way :)

But problem is, i cant just stop at one, im enjoying it so much, that im making 4 more to go with it, so i might do a type of broken star like yours shemjo, only mine will be dif i think. Awesome pictures everyone :) :) :) Maybe i will take pictures tonight, maybe lol :)