View Single Post
Old 11-13-2007, 04:58 PM
2 Doods

I have a Bernina 850. It was my MIL and she left it to me. It is an older machine (over 30 years) without many bells and whistles. It is pretty heavy duty and I use it for everything. It works well on my Grace frame.

I also have my grandmother's Singer featherweight. I need to get the table from my mom when she gets back from snowbirding, It is a great little guy to haul around. Super cute! It is from the 1940's.

I bought a super cheap Kenmore and then I bought a 1/4" foot for it. It is a lightweight machine but is handy when Nina (the Bernina) is on the Grace frame. It will zig zag but that is about all the fancy stuff it does.

I also have an older Kenmore that has cams to do a some fun stitches. Have not used it much. It was my mom's. I think it could use some adjustments and oiling-it has been sitting awhile. She didn't use it much-mostly for mending.

My serger is for when I do garments and crafts. I love how fast it sews and the trimming feature. Made curtains for my brother's trailer in no time!

The treadle machine was my other grandmother's and it is now an end table and not working. I did use it in high school to finish a project for Home Ec. The electricity was out-I was the only one to get mine finished on time! :lol:

Question at my house "How many machines do you need?" I don't know! I use them all! I would love to have a machine just for my grace frame. I am going to research some of the "wants" that people have mentioned. Maybe I'll find one that Santa can bring me. My birthday isn't until June-that's too far off! :wink: