Old 05-20-2009, 04:59 PM
Mplsgirl

Originally Posted by Rhonda
I can really relate!!!! My ceilings fell in at 2AM (8 yrs ago) on New Year's Day. We were planning on going to see my daughter in the hospital 2 hours away. Didn't go that day. The next night more of the ceiling tiles (3" sections) fell in due to ice getting up into the eaves and into the structure and the furnace melted the ice causing wet ceilings! Which fell in sections!

We went to see daughter through the delivery of her second child. We were 2 hours away. Got home and ceiling and insulation all over the floor again.

We had to pack everything I could and put it in a large van we had at the time. Everything except the bed and the appliances! We still lived in it for 3 months.

My uncle and his crew did the remodeling had to take the whole builiding back to the siding. This is in Jan to April! Plus they tore out and redid doors! In the middle of winter!!

Everything I wanted I had to fight for because my uncle and my cousin kept saying oh you don't want that and did what they wanted!!!

I won a few but lost a few too! I did get a set of shelves from floor to ceiling for my fabric but only because all they had to do was nail them to the wall. I had already made free standing shelves a couple of years before so I got my storage!!

Lots of stories but this gives you an idea. We were living out of boxes and at one point:

My husband grew up doing construction and is handicapped now but he still nows how it should be done. I had to take him to our daughters so he would quit harrassing the guys because he didn't like how they were doing it!!!! We stayed there while they put in a new bathroom new shower etc.
In winter?!!!! In Iowa?!!!!!!! Bless you.