Old 07-20-2011, 12:04 PM
buslady

I just finished a set of irons, I didn't want to take it apart and risk messing up the table top, so I took off the easy stuff and used a wire grinder for most of it, then took a small wheel on my dremmel to get the hard to reach spots. Used a spray paint, black hammered, to paint it up. I am very pleased with the outcome! Good Luck and Have Fun!!!
Just read post prior to mine, I guess I should have said that mine was NOT a cabinet, but a table. So probly much easier to access the irons.

Originally Posted by MrsBoats
Ok, I didn't want to, but I think I'm going to have to-the treadle irons need repainted. I was hoping just to wax the bare spots, but now that I've got the dust and grime off, there's more bare than paint in too many places.

I know that *somewhere* I saw directions on how to take the table off the irons, and how to dismantle the irons, but now (of course), I can't find that site/page. I thought it was on Treadle On, but if it is, I'm not seeing it.

So, does anybody have any words of wisdom, or directions, or helpful links before I wing it?