Old 07-20-2011, 02:07 PM
fabric whisperer

Location: Ohio... wanna build a cabin in the woods and live off the land... and quilt all day!

Ok, so I have seen some really beautiful ones. They've been working on my brain for awhile... I've done other types of fabric baskets, woven, crocheted with strip scraps, etc. Fabric covered boxes. I love trinkets like that, they are always great gifts.

So I googled the coil-wrapped ones and came across Eddie's tutorial... thanks, Eddie, you further corrupted my brain! So out come some old ugly strips that I was contemplating thowing away.

Start wrapping. BTW, not friendly with arthritis, but I was already started, couldn't stop now.

The first beginnings looks really, really bad... I mean soooo bad that I refuse to show a picture of it. It became a coaster so I can growl at it for eternity, but save my computer desk from condensation on my Coke or Rootbeer can. LOL

Try again... I will not let this get the best of me, as I've said, I've seen some really beautiful purses, bowls, baskets, even ones with lids! I know this can be done!

So I wind. and wind. and sew. and wind some more... some 4 hours later, and a little short on the patience department, I am finished. I still think its ick. After all, its my first one, this will take a little playing.

So the kids have our dragons out for play time / snuggle time. My 13 year old DD brings Coco, one of our younger dragons over, and puts her on the table. PLOP! Jumps right into the basket. She thinks its hers!

I think I've just made the first reptile moses basket.

Cozy little spot for a nap?
[ATTACH=CONFIG]229429[/ATTACH]

The little goober sat in that darn basket for an hour. I tried to get her out, and she would jump right back in.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]229430[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-229423.jpe   attachment-229424.jpe