View Single Post
Old 07-20-2011, 05:00 PM
timpson

I found this site while searching for a particular quilt panel online and I was forwarding some info to one of the quilters when I realized I must register before posting! At any rate, am glad to be on here and look forward to interacting with you.

As a spouse of a US Army retiree of 20+ years, I relocated to my hometown eleven years ago and am currently retired. We spent those 20yrs moving through and/or living in 29 states. We have lived on the Pacific Coast from San Diego, CA, to Seattle, WA, where we have marveled at the beautiful sunsets that only our Creator could produce. We spent time in Oklahoma, Mississippi, Kentucky, as well as other points in between. And we have lived on the Atlantic seacoast while stationed at Hunter Army Airfield in Savannah, GA, where you could drive to the coast, and on a clear day, watch the shuttles launch all the way down in Florida!

Having roamed the world from the West Coast to the East Coast as a military spouse for twenty years, I finally left the merry-go-round of the military lifestyle and returned home in March 2000 looking for stability and continuity in our lives, especially after I lost my dad. I have five sons, two daughters, and one granddaughter. My second oldest and fifth sons are currently Marines, two live in the Lubbock area, and two are still in residence.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-229520.jpe