Old 07-20-2011, 10:49 PM
Celeste

Originally Posted by HanNatNana
Originally Posted by AbbyQuilts
Originally Posted by HanNatNana
Originally Posted by Celeste
Well, I picked up that machine and am trying to identify it.

I went to the website suggested here, http://www.singerco.com/support/machine-serial-numbers, and am not sure I can find it. On an oval plate in front of the base is G0062681.

I assume it is a single letter prefix, but when I go to that page, I do not see anything for 000. Perhaps I'm looking for the wrong number?

Thank you for your help!

By the way, she came with a lot of bobbins.
When you click on the singer link that you posted, then single letter prefix, now click on the red-highlighted 'G-Series' which is about half way down the page on the right hand side. The pdf file will save to your computer, open it and on the 3rd line down is the numerical range....

G- 40001 90000 15 50000 January 8 1910

So it's a Class 15, with 50,000 serial numbers allocated on 8th January 1910 at the Elizabeth New Jersey factory.

'Tis a little confusing at first but after a few tries you'll get the hang of it!! LOL

Hope this helps?
Bronwyn :lol:
I came up with
A 66 born may 28 1923

All the way down on the list is the double 0's
Oops....you might be right. I'm doing three things at once here!! Sorry if I goofed!!

Bronwyn ;-)
:oops: I didn't even think to keep scrolling down! You'd think they'd start with that first! OK. So she is a little bit younger. Cool.

Now all I need to do is find a manual!