Old 07-21-2011, 03:28 AM
quilterella

We all get anxious when we give quilts as gifts, and have had some less than joyous results. I gave this baby quilt as a shower gift 2 years ago to my DD's best friend. When she opened it, she said "OH" and put it aside. Now this young lady is somewhat of a SNOT and I thought "hopefully she likes it". Well she continued to Ooh and Ahh over other various gifts and the knot in the pit of my stomach continued to grow. Afterwards, I was talking to her Mother and discovered the wedding quilt (memory quilt) I had made her resided at her Mother's as the young lady really didn't care for it, it didn't fit in with her black and chrome decor. So I went up to the young lady, holding my breath as I did, and asked her if the quilt matched her nursery and almost fell down with her reply " I had really hoped for a quilt off my registery, that's why we registered our gifts." Little rude ingrate... I told her I would take the quilt back and find her something else and she said "Oh would you...I really like the monkeys and jungle themes." So I took the quilt and thanked her Mother for being honest with me and left. And NO, I didn't get her another gift. Now for the happy ending...a young lady at work is due in a couple of weeks and being I was off for so long recovering from shoulder surgery, I was kinda out of the loop for the shower. I removed the label and added a new one, plus removed the binding and added a new one. I gave it to her yesterday and she loved it, and thanked me in tears. Obviously, this is where this little quilt was meant to be. It may not be my finest piece of work, but, I know it will be loved and used.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-229619.jpe   attachment-229620.jpe   attachment-229621.jpe