Old 07-21-2011, 05:53 AM
BuzzinBumble

Originally Posted by Tartan
That quilt would have looked great with a jungle theme nursery. I love it! It did find a better home to go to. I chuckled about your quilt not matching her nursery theme...wait 'til her nursery is decorated with snot, vomit, and diaper surprises. She has a rude awakening coming up. :lol:
So true, so true! Any themes sort of disappear gradually in the flotsam and jetsam of childhood! And kids have their own likes! My Mom made my children a scrappy napping quilt backed in fluorescent red velour. It didn't match anything in our home, but boy did our kids love it!
Quilterella - your quilt is charming and cheerful and any child would love it. And any Mom should love it! That first young woman has a lot to learn in life. Someone else on here (i could not find the topic) had a remarkably similar story with a baby shower, a jungle quilt and a recipient who only said "Oh." Only I think I recall her adorable quilt stayed with the unappreciative recipient. So glad you had the fortitude to ask for it back and that you found the right person to appreciate it!