Old 05-21-2009, 12:16 PM
pennyswings

Location: Originally from NY, now retired in Argentina. Miss the USA!!! :-(

Originally Posted by Crissie
Love your quilt, what a job and it's really pretty.
My suggestion is to use a larger table so the whole quilt is on the table.. using painters tape (less sticky) lay the backing out and smooth really nice tape the edges down making sure there are not wrinkles, crinkles or such, lay the batting down and again smooth smooth out, lay the quilt top down and smooth.. then pin baste, a hands distance from each other. I hardly get any movement but it can happen if it's not nice and tight and smooth. Some time I even use those great big black clips(for large files)to clip the edges if they hang over the table like your picture shows..That works too. One of my friends used straight pins... :oops: ouch! I have used spray basting but not on larger quilts yet, I really like it too.
Hope this helps some... Maybe you've already tried and it's just the fact that the blocks and material want to have their own way?
Woodland is so very close to me, I live in Martinez... Fun come on over and we'll qlt-sew together :wink:
One more thing, Crissie is right about the large table, a must, and the taping of the backing and hands width apart on the pinning. These girls are so great""