Old 05-21-2009, 01:11 PM
mkanderson

This board has been the best thing since sliced bread!!!!!!!!
There are ANGELS amongst us! I had knee replacement that didn’t really go as planned and when I joined here someone (can’t remember now who!) was wanting to know what to do with scraps and I asked for them (would have paid postage!) and so many of you sent me the things a lot would have thrown out! Tiny was what I really wanted! Was just the thing for my “Crazy Quilt” (doing the Fun & Done method) which by the way…..I gave to my cousin that has cancer…they have called in hospice (going have to make me another one! ) She sure enjoys it!

I have been quilting (or what you call quilting!! Hee hee) for 30 years +. That was because of 4 kids. Most back then was tacked and BIG stitches hand quilted!
We use to have a quilt club that met once a month and I really liked it back then, but life had other things in store for me…working nights! So there went that! But, between that short time of interacting with friends and magazines and a very good friend, I have learned a lot. (I thought)

Except for the fact that I have learned so much on this site since I have been here I will NEVER get to do all the things I have been taught in the last few months! And new TIPS and TRICKS that I would have never thought of in 20 life times!!! No class can do ALL that!

A SUPER BIG THANKS TO ALL OF YOU

I read several times a day (takes my mind off pain!!!!) on here and have “lurked” on the chat. There are no words that I can write here to say what great people that the Lord has brought my way thru this board! Awesome, fantastic and wonderful is not nearly enough!

Who needs “classes”, “clubs”, “guilds” and whatever!!!!
Mary