Old 07-21-2011, 09:17 AM
clynns

Depending on the size and how many different colors will be involved. I figure on a queen size quilt 12 - 14 yards of fabric. The cost of the pattern is $8-9.00. Batting $35. Backing for a queen size 40 inch wide = 9 yards. 108 inches wide 3 yards. Binding 3/4 - 1 yard. Your biggest cost will be in your yardage purchased. I shop for best price in the color I choose to use. I start with my background purchase first. It usually requires the most yardage (up to 5 yards). The rest could be purchased off of here from other members or put an ISO in the classified to help defray costs. Be sure and list yardage needed. Sometimes the dye lots are a little off and would be noticable if purchased from different suppliers. Your cost for a queen size quilt could be as low as $125.00 up to $250.00, depending on where you get your fabric. Try not to mix quilt shop fabric with JoAnns and Walmart. They have different thread counts and will wear differently. One might get thread bare after 20 washings, the other after 100 washings. Cheryl