Old 05-21-2009, 03:27 PM
Covered in Threads

I have sold items for 25+years, doing local craft shows, selling to special clients, etc... Lately, I have been commissioned to make history quilts - so far 10. This would consist of a collection of t-shirts that a person had kept over the years to make into a full or larger quilt. Rather rustic looking and two sided but I get such a kick out of seeing all the different places, countries, and activities a child or sport enthustiast attends. My favorites are the ones a mother collects for her child that is soon to graduate from high school. This would consists of t-shirts from when they were toddlers up to their current age. At the craft/art shows I do a number of baby quilts, wall hangings, original stuffed animals, and the list goes on. I love doing the "arts & crafts" shows because I can chose when and which one I want to do. My hubby & I have traveled through 5 different states, visiting parks and doing the shows along the way. Pays for all the traveling, food, entertainment and new fabric stash. Fun, fun and you meet some of the nicest people at craft shows.