Thread: Fabric Weave
View Single Post
Old 05-22-2009, 04:57 AM
Skeat

Originally Posted by Moose
Greetings,

I have so many questions now that I'm in the thick of it, LOL, and no books with answers so far. I noticed that my flannel is really thick and then there are some not so thick... I figure the weave must be the difference and perhaps the fiber.

:?: What kind of weave is best to use when quilting? For cotton, wool, etc. Any info out there that's simple and reliable? Or should I be looking at fiber type? No sure of the terminology.

Thank you
Sorry I missed this post somehow Moose:)I love my flannel quilts and so do the kids!:)LOL There is a big difference to me on the flannels...you can have a 'shirt' flannel that is a looser weave. My favorite is 'homespun flannels'....which is more of a cotton w/a softer fuzzy side to them...and, then what our LQS refers to as 'flannel'...which I can't stand!LOL It has a firmer/stiffer back to it and to me personally (sorry guys) feels cheaper. I personally don't buy that one due to the lack of a softness feel to me. Even though I have sewn a few quilts using that. My favorite and the flannel I seek is 'homespun' flannel. Hope that helps:)Skeat