View Single Post
Old 05-22-2009, 06:54 AM
Angie

I just wanted to share a couple of pics of things I made for my DSIL as well as best friend. She lost her battle with cancer April 19th at 47 years young and I miss her dearly! When we first found out last June, she was already stage four and we all went on vacation together! When we got back she had to start treatments so I made her a rag quilt, fast and easy, as well as comforting. During her months at home her deck was her sanctuary and she got into birds. Her DH made her a backyard retreat and put all kinds of bird feeders and baths up so she could watch the birds. I also made her a brightly colored poncho and scarf to wear on the cool days. When she started getting worse I made her a wallhanging. It was my first attempt at machine applique and machine quilting, but she loved it! I presented the wallhanging to her on April 5th. I am so glad I overlooked the flaws of being a beginner and didn't wait to get better! I just looked up and saw how long this is........... sorry, just missing her alot today. :cry:

Brenda's poncho and scarf
[ATTACH=CONFIG]22240[/ATTACH]

Brenda's Quilt
[ATTACH=CONFIG]35596[/ATTACH]

Brenda's Wallhanging
[ATTACH=CONFIG]38002[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-22240.jpe   attachment-35596.jpe   attachment-38002.jpe