Old 07-22-2011, 07:32 AM
mommafank

I am being told this is legal and when I checked on the internet it seems that billing coders are saying you can do this. Personally I do not feel it is very ethical. My insurance paid only 10 % of the second visit and indicated I am responsible for the rest of it. Yes, I will be changing physicians and certainly will be checking to see what the billing policies are before I pick a new one. I do realize that physicians are often poorly reimbursed, but do not feel this is fair to the patient. My daughter finally moved from Savannah and now has new doctors who do not bill this way. She got it removed from her bill but still had to pay a large amt for the doctor doing a procedure on the cord---which was only using a nitro stick on it. And I agree this should have been part of that visit----as a nurse I would think it would have been just a normal part of the recheck exam. I live in GA now and wonder if this is something that is specific to this states law. I could not find anything when I did a Google search.